Generating html page in UTF-8

From: <dn.perl_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2009 03:04:56 -0800 (PST)

I am using a myscript.cgi, written in Perl, to query an Oracle table, and display a few fields in a browser. One field is of the type LONG or CLOB, depending on which Oracle Server I am querying. If I run the
"select myfield from mytable" command from a Windows Oracle client, I
can see the field correctly. If I run the same command within 'sqlplus user/password' session within FreeBSD, the text of the CLOB field is not shown correctly.

I think the problem is two-fold. I am now passing (hopefully) the correct ora_charset to DBI->connect ("db-details", "user",
"password" , {ora_charset => correct_set}). But the browser still
would not show the field correctly. I wonder whether I need to specify a parameter like 'ora_charset' to the 'encoding type' for the html page, and whether some library like 'use utf-8' is available which will help solve the issue. If there is any CLPerlM forum FAQ which addresses the issue, please do point me to it, and I shall be thankful.