Re: realising a "progressbar" for a long working package

From: Gints Plivna <gints.plivna_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 13 Feb 2009 14:48:31 -0800 (PST)

On 10 Febr., 13:58, Norbert Winkler <norbert.winkl..._at_gmx.de> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've a package that generates some table records with some random chooses
> (2-5%).
> But the steps to generates the random sample need a little bit time.
> I've tried to optimize it by using all indexes (by separtating it in more
> steps with several new tables) and so far I think I couln't improve it in
> speed.
> Now I would like it that my application reports me the step it is working
> on.

You can find quite detailed info about v$session_longops in my article here http://www.gplivna.eu/papers/v$session_longops.htm it also contains a link to another article explaining dbms_application_info, which allows programmatically set v$session_longops values.

Gints Plivna
http://www.gplivna.eu Received on Fri Feb 13 2009 - 16:48:31 CST

Original text of this message