Re: Several rows from Dual

From: Hans Mayr <mayr1972_at_gmx.de>
Date: Fri, 13 Feb 2009 05:45:03 -0800 (PST)

Hi Joel!

> does this count as a one sql statement solution?
>
> select 123 as abc from dual
> union
> select 456 from dual
> union
> select 789 from dual;

I explicitly stated that I know that union could have been used and that I was looking for a solution that is easy to adapt from 1 to n rows. Don't misunderstand me, at this point I am not looking for "a" solution anymore, both my method and Maxim's solution work fine and yours would work, too, though it is less flexible. I just would like to learn more about sophisticated solutions regarding my problem to let me understand (Oracle) SQL better.

Best,

Hans Received on Fri Feb 13 2009 - 07:45:03 CST

Original text of this message