Re: ORA-06512

From: <stas1979_at_msn.com>
Date: Tue, 10 Feb 2009 07:01:46 -0800 (PST)

On Feb 7, 2:50 am, "Vladimir M. Zakharychev" <vladimir.zakharyc..._at_gmail.com> wrote:
> On Feb 6, 2:55 am, stas1..._at_msn.com wrote:
>
> > Hi,
>
> > I have a .NET application which gets back a CLOB from the oracle
> > database. I'm using OracleParameter("name", OracleType.Clob) for the
> > parameter spec. We recently created a new Oracle AL32UTF8 unicode
> > database, and I'm trying to run the app against the database, however
> > I'm getting the ORA-06512 exception. The application works fine
> > against a non-unicode database. The OUT variables in the stored
> > procedure are defined as CLOB, and actaully when I call the stored
> > procedure out of PL/SQL Developer the CLOB come back fine. Is there
> > anything that I need to do in the .NET app to get to work with
> > unicode?
>
> ORA-6512 is error stack backtrace message (that is, it's being output
> for each error stack entry as the error stack of an unhandled
> exception that was raised in a stored procedure unwinds.) What's the
> exception itself? Can you provide full error stack and relevant PL/SQL
> code where it's being raised?
>
> Regards,
>    Vladimir M. Zakharychev
>    N-Networks, makers of Dynamic PSP(tm)
>    http://www.dynamicpsp.com

Vladimir,

Here is the full error:

ORA-06512: at "SA.PKG_TEST", line 963
ORA-06512: at line 1

   at System.Data.OracleClient.OracleConnection.CheckError (OciErrorHandle errorHandle, Int32 rc)

   at System.Data.OracleClient.OracleCommand.Execute (OciStatementHandle statementHandle, CommandBehavior behavior, Boolean needRowid, OciRowidDescriptor& rowidDescriptor, ArrayList& resultParameterOrdinals)

   at System.Data.OracleClient.OracleCommand.ExecuteNonQueryInternal (Boolean needRowid, OciRowidDescriptor& rowidDescriptor)

   at System.Data.OracleClient.OracleCommand.ExecuteNonQuery()    at NotificationApp.AudioEmailConfirmations.ProcessOrder(Int64 alOrderID, Char acRevenueType, Char acConfirmationType)

Thank you! Received on Tue Feb 10 2009 - 09:01:46 CST

Original text of this message