EXISTS

From: Wilfrid <grille11_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Jan 2009 16:18:09 +0100

Hello,

There has been many communication on the exists command on newsgroups, web sites... but I could not find anything close to this (below) that it can be possible with MS SQL.

I am migrating databases and scripts from SQL to Oracle and I am trying to make things as simple as possible.
Is there a simple way with oracle that does the same thing as the script below in SQL?
I am testing if the table 'tablename' exists in the schema and if no create it.

IF OBJECT_ID('tablename') is null
CREATE TABLE tablename
(
id int not null,
name nvarchar(10) null
)
go

Thanks in advance for your help Received on Wed Jan 28 2009 - 09:18:09 CST

Original text of this message