Re: Error 3146 - ODBC Call failed

From: Mark D Powell <Mark.Powell_at_eds.com>
Date: Wed, 31 Dec 2008 07:56:21 -0800 (PST)

On Dec 30, 12:00 pm, DA Morgan <damor..._at_psoug.org> wrote:
> Niranjan wrote:
> > Hi everyone
> > We just upsized to SQL server (Access 2003 front end). I am running
> > into error 3146 on a particular table. Part of my code, I have a
> > simple delete SQL statement and I am getting an error on this
> > statement.
>
> > CurrentDb.Execute "Delete * from [Raw Import Table];", dbSeeChanges
>
> > Raw Import Table has a PK (ID - Autonumber).
>
> > Does anyone know how to fix it?
>
> SQL Server is not an Oracle product so we can not help you with
> your current issue using your existing RDBMS. But if you were
> to move to Oracle with a real front-end such as HTML_DB, a substantial
> improvement by almost any measure, the issue would not exist.
> --
> Daniel A. Morgan
> Oracle Ace Director & Instructor
> University of Washington

Let it not be said that those of us on the Oracle newsgroup do not always try to be helpful:

The 3146 is a catch all error that masks the real problem. Here is one known issue where SQL Server database settings can cause the issue and documents on the error and how to get more information.

PRB: DAO Run-Time Error 3146 When Modifying SQLServer Data http://support.microsoft.com/kb/195225

How To Get More Information on the ODBC Call Failed Error http://support.microsoft.com/kb/154510

Trappable Microsoft Jet and DAO Errors

HTH -- Mark D Powell -- Received on Wed Dec 31 2008 - 09:56:21 CST

Original text of this message