Re: get the sid,serial# of my connection?

From: <mh_at_pixar.com>
Date: Mon, 29 Dec 2008 22:02:12 GMT

Mark D Powell <Mark.Powell_at_eds.com> wrote:
> Why not have the routine issue the kill via execute immediate rather
> than have to cut and paste?

Ah, I should have explained in more detail what I'm trying to do... I have an application server I've written, that basically is an infinite loop:

initialize connections
loop forever:

   receive XML-RPC request
   send request to db
   send XML-RPC response

I have some connection failure detection and recovery code in the loop, and I want to exercise that code, so I want to cause the connection to randomly fail outside of the control of the app server. That's also why I'm looking for other ways to break the connection, in order to test all the applicable failure modes.

thanks!
Mark

--
Mark Harrison