Re: restore

From: croora <croora_at_net.hr>
Date: Wed, 24 Dec 2008 07:04:47 +0100

ddf wrote:

> On Dec 23, 10:25 am, croora <cro..._at_net.hr> wrote:

>> ddf wrote:

>> > I hope you have a backup of your C drive or, at the least, your
>> > registry, since you'll need it.  The preference is to have the C drive
>> > backup handy for a restore.  When your restore is completed you'll
>> > again be able to use your Oracle database.
>>
>> > David Fitzjarrell
>>
>> i have only oraclexe directory. how do i make cold copy of this?
>>
>> tnx- Hide quoted text -

> It's a bit late for that, since you have no running operating system
> nor functioning system drive. I would suggest you replace your C
> drive, install the operating system then plan on installing Oracle
> again, and I'm afraid you'll be losing your current database unless
> you have in your possession a recent export of it. You've lost all of
> your registry settings applicable to your current Oracle installation
> and I don't know how you'll get them back. Possibly someone can
> assist you, at great cost, in recovering enough information from your
> failed drive to re-instate your current registry and avoid
> reinstalling Oracle. This, however, will require someone with
> knowledge and the proper tools to extract data from a 'dead' hard
> disk.
>
> Possibly someone else knows of a different 'solution'.
>

> David Fitzjarrell

i have running os on c partition, and whole oraclexe directory on d partition. i lost only registry settings.

i install new xe database, make same schema as old database and copy old dbf files in it, but database wont start. :( Received on Wed Dec 24 2008 - 00:04:47 CST

Original text of this message