Re: ORA-27369: job of type EXECUTABLE failed with exit code: Permission denied
Date: Tue, 16 Dec 2008 17:08:46 -0800 (PST)
On Dec 17, 6:35 am, joel garry <joel-ga..._at_home.com> wrote:
> On Dec 14, 8:41 pm, just_real <jth..._at_gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hi
> > I was trying to set up a test job in Enterprise manager and I got this
> > error when it tried running the script.
> > I've created the script on a RAC cluster . It contains the following:
> > #!/bin/ksh
> > . /oracle/.kshrc
> > env >> /tmp/t.txt
> > which sqlplus >> /tmp/t.txt
> > sqlplus scott/abc_at_ORACLE123<<-!
> > set serveroutput on size 1000000
> > select 'Hello World' from dual
> > /
> > !
> > I've ran this successfully via the command line. Could someone advise
> > as to what I am missing or did wrong?
> > I had a look at metalink and check the points given there but I seem
> > to have them covered.
> > Regards
> > Justin
> David's answer is part of the way there. So I'll explicitly ask:
> Did you see metalink Note:391820.1 ? Does $ORACLE_HOME/rdbms/admin/
> externaljob.ora exist?
> Is your oracle executable -rwsr-s--x 1 oracle oinstall ?
> (Those s's mean run as the user, which is probably nobody as that note
> says - if you have different protection, you had an installation/
> patching problem).
> Which exact platform/OS/OS version are you on?
> Which exact version of Oracle are you on, including 4 decimals. Have
> you applied any critical patch updates? Note:735219.1 says you have to
> change the permissions on the extjob executable.
> Note:732963.1 points out the script must exist on all nodes of the
> cluster with the proper permissions.
> Are you sure the #!/bin/ksh is on the _first_ line of the script?
> Are you sure there is a space after the period on the line . /
> Are all the /tmp/t.txt environment variables what you expect?
> Are all the .kshrc environment variables exported?
> Please remember to be specific as to which docs you've actually
> followed. The 'puter takes things even more literal than the people
> on this group.
> @home.com is bogus.http://www.theregister.co.uk/2008/07/28/sun_dziuba_tm/
Ok. I've gone through the items. And here are the results:
- The current permissions for that script is - -rwxr----x- (This was prior to me reading your last post and still got the permission denied)
- I've actually gone through the Note:391820.1 before. I confirm the following:
- $ORACLE_HOME/rdbms/admin/externaljob.ora exists
- #!/bin/ksh is on the 1st line of the script
- There is a space after the period on the line . /oracle/.kshrc
- all things mentioned in that note is the same on my end with the exception of :
- Edit $ORACLE_HOME/rdbms/admin/externaljob.ora and set run_user to the OS account that owns the Oracle installation and the database and run_group to the OS group that owns the Oracle_Home.
OS account: oracle
OS group: oinstall
I am not too sure that I should be changing the default of nobody. I am only trying to execute not write to the file. Or is my understanding of this is wrong?
3. How do I change the permission for the executable to -rwsr-s--x ?
4. I am on a Linux 2.6.9-126.96.36.199.2.ELsmp x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/
Oracle Database 10g Enterprise Edition Release 10.2.0.3.0 - 64bi PL/SQL Release 10.2.0.3.0 - Production
CORE 10.2.0.3.0 Production Received on Tue Dec 16 2008 - 19:08:46 CST