Re: Aplication Server 10g and java Memory problem

From: Laurenz Albe <invite_at_spam.to.invalid>
Date: 12 Dec 2008 14:24:51 GMT

hehehehe <ehhehe_at_ccc.ccc> wrote:
> Hello!
>
> Problem : 08/12/12 11:51:22 Exception in thread "Timer-4"
>

> WHAT I HEEEL I GOING ONE???
>
> I have 16GB memory and CENTOS 5.2
>
> can some one tell why my app hang i get this error? When its full operates
> suddenly hang and error appears :08/12/12 11:51:22 Exception in thread
> "Timer-4" java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space
>

> someone?

Trying to make any sense of what you wrote, I guess that you are not happy because you get a java.lang.OutOfMemoryError on a computer with much RAM.

The explanation is that the amount of memory that a Java Virtual Machine can use is determined at JVM start and has nothing to do with the amount of RAM on your machine.

For example, on Sun Java you specify the maximum amount of memory with the -Xmx flag.

Yours,
Laurenz Albe Received on Fri Dec 12 2008 - 08:24:51 CST

Original text of this message