Re: OCI.dll error, Invalid access to memory location

From: sybrandb <sybrandb_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 7 Nov 2008 04:21:32 -0800 (PST)

On 7 nov, 12:39, avi01 <kurup.avin..._at_gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Friends,
>                    I have Windows XP SP2 machine, & have developed an
> application (Qt application, compiling with mingw libraries) using
> OCIPlus to connect and run queries on an oracle 8.1.5 database.
>
> When I start the application I get the following error
>
> OCI.dll error, Invalid access to memory location
>
> followed by
>
> Application error, The application failed to initialize properly
> (0xc0000142).
>
> Please help!!!
> Avinash.

Oracle 8.1.5 is truly Jurassic and was desupported in the previous milennium.
It isn't even certified against Windows XP at all. So only if your only prospective customers are Fred Flintstone and Barney Rubble I would call this an 'application'. For the rest you are on your own. People paying attention do not run unsupported versions of Oracle on a platform for which Oracle wasn't certified.
Why do you assume the Microsoft Evil Empire produced anything that was truly downwards compatible?
They didn't and never will do.

--
Sybrand Bakker
Senior Oracle DBA