Re: Oracle Client 10g vs. Instant Client 10.2 (Windows XP)

From: joel garry <joel-garry_at_home.com>
Date: Mon, 3 Nov 2008 13:50:24 -0800 (PST)

On Nov 3, 12:29 pm, AMM <a_m_..._at_yahoo.com> wrote:
> We have received a Windows application that
> we are told requires "Oracle Client 10g" to run.
>
> We tried downloading Oracle's Instant Client and
> installed that, in the hopes that that would be enough,
> and we are able to run queries using SQL*PLUS, so
> we know the installation worked,
> but the application cannot find the Oracle stuff: we
> get the message
>
> Oracle client and networking components were not found
>
> Is there a way to get an application (apparently) compiled
> with Oracle Client to run with Instant Client?

You might poke around on oradim.blogspot.com . I know I got this working with some mysterious vendor supplied client software, but it took a few tries to get everything in the right place and the right environment variables set at the right times (something had to be system environment variable). Then when I had it all figured out, I couldn't remember how later, 'cause it was too easy and obvious at the time. :-O

jg

--
@home.com is bogus.  "Microsoft JScript runtime error '800a138f'
'companyName' is null or not an object