Re: Dynamic SQL to call a function with RETURN value?

From: <sybrandb_at_hccnet.nl>
Date: Mon, 27 Oct 2008 21:24:45 +0100

On Mon, 27 Oct 2008 03:41:00 -0700 (PDT), mwmann <mwmann_at_gmail.com> wrote:

>I presume that Dynamic SQL is the way to go, but I have not been able
>to get it right.

Dynamic SQL is the correct method to develop an application which has 'DISASTER' inscribed all over it.
Your description is very vague, and from what I get from it you seem to have re-invented a feature which already exists in PL/SQL, albeit in packages, called 'Overloading'
You would need to present much more detail (as well as a database version) to find out why you have a desire to end on the electrical chair or to make the life of your potential customers miserable.

--
Sybrand Bakker
Senior Oracle DBA