Re: creating several rows with one insert?

From: <sybrandb_at_hccnet.nl>
Date: Sun, 19 Oct 2008 12:07:00 +0200

On Sun, 19 Oct 2008 08:03:48 GMT, mh_at_pixar.com wrote:

>Now I'm handling this in my client code with the obvious code:

Your code is not obvious at all, it is in fact abusing SQL.

Relational calculus, which is the foundation of RDBMS, is about *sets* not about *records*.
You should do in SQL whatever you can do in SQL, You should only use PL/SQL if you can't do it in SQL. By 'SQL' the *language* not the product sql-server, sold by Mickeysoft, mistakenly called 'SQL' by many. You should really try to learn SQL and PL/SQL and unlearn T-SQL. The procedure you posted *sucks*, big time. It doesn't scale.

--
Sybrand Bakker
Senior Oracle DBA