Problems catching Overflow 1426 jdbc

From: Carsten Broschek <cbroschek_at_web.de>
Date: Sat, 11 Oct 2008 09:15:22 +0200

Hi,

during an simple INSERT into table in a stored function, a ORA 1426 is raised. Thats OK, I already identified the column that is exceeded.
I am surprised about the fact, that if I trigger my stored function from sqlplus, my pl/sql routine catches the exception and returns properly. The same trigger from out an java-application via jdbc, seems not to catch the overflow, does not end and I retrieve sqlexception because of closed connection later on.

Snippet from pl/sql:

[...]
 EXCEPTION
    WHEN OTHERS THEN
    BEGIN

        ROLLBACK;
        SP_LogError('SF_DO_SOMETHING ['||depotID_i||']',SQLERRM, SQLCODE);
        commit;
        RETURN FAILED;

    END;
END SF_DO_SOMETHING; Oracle: 10.1.0.5.0
Java: java version "1.5.0_12"

Thanks for hints in advance!

CARSTEN Received on Sat Oct 11 2008 - 02:15:22 CDT

Original text of this message