Re: Huge Query

From: Ed Prochak <edprochak_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 2 Oct 2008 10:30:05 -0700 (PDT)

On Oct 2, 7:53 am, CenturionX <darwinbaldr..._at_gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello everybody,
>
> I created a package to build a query.  This query has a bui dynamic
> quantity os calculated fields and it overflows a simple VARCHAR2(4000)
> so i'm using a CLOB.
> My question is: How can i execute this query referencing the variable
> Is there something like EXECUTE vQuery inside a procedure or package.
>
> Thanks.

I'd seriously question the logic of a query that cannot fit into a VARCHAR2. You might just have to spool it to a file and run it from a client (SQL*Plus) session.

Even then, will it work? Other than a

    SELECT... WHERE ... somecolumn IN ([4k list of values]) ... I cannot think of how to write a query to test the 4K limit. Received on Thu Oct 02 2008 - 12:30:05 CDT

Original text of this message