Accessing files copied by UTL_FILE.FCOPY

From: Claus <clausmariascherschel_at_googlemail.com>
Date: Mon, 29 Sep 2008 06:25:15 -0700 (PDT)

Hi folks,

I'm running into a strange (at least to me) problem. I have implemented a small document management system into an existing Oracle10g database application. DMS requires copying files from one folder to another. Physical files (originals as well as copies) are located on a mapped resource. This drive is mapped by group policy so SYSTEM user which oracle service is running on "sees" that resource. Thus, copying files with utl_file.fcopy is no problem. But I cannot access any copied file with it's application. An MSExcel file won't open at all. Error message says, network drive wasn't available or file was write protected. A pdf files is opened by Adobe Reader but showing empty pages (in correct number, by the way). Network drive is available and, as far as I can see, there is no lock on any file. Original files open without problems.

Do you have any ideas on where to to closer examination?

Regards
Claus. Received on Mon Sep 29 2008 - 08:25:15 CDT

Original text of this message