Re: same reseult set with less column

From: Ed Prochak <>
Date: Fri, 26 Sep 2008 07:09:33 -0700 (PDT)

On Sep 26, 8:48 am, "" <> wrote:
> I am trying to get the same resultset  with an original query but one
> last column less.
> For example the original query is "select x,y,z from table1 where
> condition1".
> How can I get the resultset of "select x,y from table1 where
> condition1" without knowing in advance the original query.
> Thanks for your help.
> DT

What kind of business requirement drives this request?

Given: you do not know the original query until run time. Implies: The original query is passed to you as text. Therefore:
The only possible solution I can see is to parse the text.

  Ed Received on Fri Sep 26 2008 - 09:09:33 CDT

Original text of this message