Problems using WinHttp.WinHttpRequest.5.1 to access an https (ssl) page on an Oracle-Application-Server-10g

From: Brian Pitt <brian_at_periscopeit.com>
Date: Thu, 18 Sep 2008 09:36:35 -0700 (PDT)

Hi

I am trying to use WinHttp.WinHttpRequest.5.1 to access an https (ssl) page on an Oracle-Application-Server-10g and I keep getting a -2147483638 error. I am able to use the exact same script to access https pages on other servers and I can access http requests on oracle application servers.

The problem is isolated to accessing https pages on oracle application servers and I have now come up against this problem with three of my clients who are running oracle servers so it looks like there is something about WinHttpRequests that the oracle servers doesnt like. I have tried setting all the headers in the WinHttpRequest to match the headers sent when accessing the site in firefox but still no luck.

If anyone has ever come across this problem and has figured out the cause I would be really grateful if you could enlighten me.

Many thanks Received on Thu Sep 18 2008 - 11:36:35 CDT

Original text of this message