Columns in query

From: Mtek <mtek_at_mtekusa.com>
Date: Mon, 15 Sep 2008 06:00:24 -0700 (PDT)

Hi,

I saw a similar post by someone else but there was no replies.

I need to write a query that will return columns in the same result row. The trick is that these columns must be decoded, and I think that the decode statement must have a fallback if no items match. This will not work if I want to decode each column with a single value and display it in the same row.....

Like this:

SQL> select * from test;

C1                 C2
---------- ----------
REC1               50
REC2               50
REC1              100
REC2               10

A           SUM(C2) B           SUM(C2)

-------- ---------- -------- ----------
Record 1 150 150 60 Record 2 60 SELECT DECODE(c1, 'REC1','Record 1') a, SUM(C2), DECODE(c1,'REC2','Record 2') b, SUM(C2)
FROM test
GROUP BY c1;

A SUM(C2) B SUM(C2)

Record 1        150                 150
                 60 Record 2         60

What I am looking for is a display like this:

Record 1 150 Record 2 60

Is this even possible? Received on Mon Sep 15 2008 - 08:00:24 CDT

Original text of this message