Re: Diff QUERY= syntax in EXP PARFILE for 8.1.7 -vs- 10.2?

From: John L. Allen <allenjo5_at_mail.northgrum.com>
Date: Sun, 14 Sep 2008 09:10:24 -0700 (PDT)

On Sep 12, 9:32 pm, DA Morgan <damor..._at_psoug.org> wrote:
> John L. Allen wrote:
> > Hi,
>
> > I am wondering why an exp command works with Oracle 8.1.7, but not
> > with Oracle 10.2.0.4.  Here's my input file and the exp command that
> > uses it:

> What's the issue you are seeing? Are you sure configuration_item_
> has rows that should have been exported? The warning you received
> is just telling you that Oracle believes your statistics are not
> current.
>
> PS: At the top you said you were exporting from 10.2.0.4 but your
> sample shows 10.2.0.3. Are we looking at the right thing?

Typo on my part. We have some 10.2.0.4 Windows clients, but this example was with 10.2.0.3. Yes, there should be 1 row exported, not 0 which I did verify with sqlplus.

See my response to joel garry for the solution, courtesy of another DBA (though he could only get it to work on the exp command line, and not in a parfile).

John. Received on Sun Sep 14 2008 - 11:10:24 CDT

Original text of this message