Re: Replacing Characters

From: Aya the Vampire Slayer <ryoko_at_gatech.rmv.this.part.edu>
Date: Thu, 11 Sep 2008 17:18:41 +0000 (UTC)

exec_at_chicagorsvp.com wa:
>We have some messages stored in a column in this format: AA|BB|CC|DD

>What we want is to replace the vertical bars with a CHR(10) for line
>feed, but have 3 leading spaces.

It's hard to tell from what you describe, but is this your desired result?

   AA
   BB
   CC
   DD

>Everything I try seems to only indent the first item 3 characters.
>Even I try to replace it with ' ' || CHR(10) and it ignores the
>spaces.......

>Ideas anyone?

Just curious, are trying to view the result of this in the iSQL*Plus web interface? (multiple spaces are ignored in HTML rendering)

--
"Care must be exorcised when handring Opiticar System as it is apts to
be sticked by dusts and hand-fat." --Japanese Translators

"Keep your fingers off the lens." --Elton Byington, English Translator