Using the zip/unzip command given with Oracle in Unix, without directory names

From: compuneo <compuneo_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 2 Sep 2008 02:19:10 -0700 (PDT)

Hi,

I am trying to compress using the zip/unzip command given with Oracle in Unix.

The objective is to create a zip file, for e.g. for the following, from any directory other than tt, without the directory name.

tt/f1.txt
tt/f2.txt

into tt.zip. Say I'm using this command: zip -r tt.zip tt/

In other words, I want the zip file to have only f1.txt and f2.txt. I am not able to compress without the directory names.

I have seen all the options (shown with -h option) given with zip and also tried to see if unzip has any option to extract without the directory names. I could not find.

Can anyone please advise. If there is any other Unix compression commands, to achieve this (.zip format).

Thanks,
Vijay Received on Tue Sep 02 2008 - 04:19:10 CDT

Original text of this message