Can we write trigger on Oracle Database level for abnormal loss of connection to database?

From: shilpa <>
Date: Fri, 29 Aug 2008 06:53:58 -0700 (PDT)

ORACLE: I want a trigger to get fired when my application’s connection to the database gets disconnected abnormally.

I plan to monitor the Server Name and its status in the “ v$session“ table.

Can I write a trigger that gets fired when “ v$session“ table gets edited? How can I achieve it?

Is there any other way to execute a stored procedure and perform some steps when a connection is lost to a database?

Any comments/suggestions would be appreciated. Received on Fri Aug 29 2008 - 08:53:58 CDT

Original text of this message