Re: LIKE Question

From: DA Morgan <damorgan_at_psoug.org>
Date: Tue, 26 Aug 2008 15:50:21 -0700

Mtek wrote:
> MySQL has this function, was wondering if this can be done with
> Oracle.
>
> Basically a query which uses the LIKE method, but is able to rank the
> results in relevance, which ones match the most to the fewest??

With apologies to Sybrand Bakker.

You should not assume any knowledge of MySQL in this forum.

Please do not use these forums as a replacement for Reading The Fine Manuals available free from Oracle.

This may amaze you but we have been very successful for 20+ years solving business problems with Oracle. Thus it is reasonable to conclude that the product contains the necessary functionality.

--
Daniel A. Morgan
Oracle Ace Director & Instructor