Oracle Client for 32 bit and 64 bit coexist

From: P.L. <panlinda_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 22 Aug 2008 08:56:11 -0700 (PDT)

Dear Experts,

We met an issue with Oracle client, and hope you could give us some advice.

On our Windows 2003 64 bit servers, currently we have Oracle Client 32 bit installed using by an application. However, running our MS.NET programs on x64 Windows require Oracle client for 64 bit installed. Otherwise, an error would be given:

"Exception: Attempt to load Oracle client libraries threw BadImageFormatException. This problem will occur when running in 64 bit mode with the 32 bit Oracle client components installed."

Is that possible to install both 32 bit Oracle client and 64 bit Oracle client on the same server so that different programs could talk to different Oracle clients?

Or any other solutions would be highly appreciated.

Thanks a lot,

P.L. Received on Fri Aug 22 2008 - 10:56:11 CDT

Original text of this message