how to suppress query output in the command window?

From: Xu <xuzengpj_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 21 Aug 2008 15:35:39 -0700 (PDT)

Dear Oracle users:

I have a very simple test.sql file shown below:

set echo off
set feedback off

spool C:\test.log

select* from
dbname.tablename
/
spool off
exit

When I submitted in Windows command window as the following:

C:\>sqlplus loginname/password_at_dbname @test.sql

The output of the select statement was displayed in the command window (rows after rows were rolling the window). How to avoid the output rolling thru the command window (since I spool the output already)? I tried the silent mode below and the output still rolled thru the window !

C:\>sqlplus -s loginname/password_at_dbname @test.sql

Thank you very much! Received on Thu Aug 21 2008 - 17:35:39 CDT

Original text of this message