Re: Invalid character???

From: Tim Slattery <Slattery_T_at_bls.gov>
Date: Thu, 21 Aug 2008 09:23:49 -0400

Laurenz Albe <invite_at_spam.to.invalid> wrote:

>> { ? = call getReporterData(?) }
>
>... so you hadn't tried both, else it would have worked right away.

I had tried removing the colon, but never figured I'd need to move the "call" verb.

>You know, computers are a bit picky about syntax and don't
>"know what you mean".

I know, I know... My DBA, across the room, swears that he used the original syntax ({call ? := getReporterData(?)}, then execute() and getObject) with the Oracle driver that came with OracleXE, and it worked. I'm using WebLogic 8, I guess it has different drivers. But it doesn't make sense to me that changing drivers should necessitate changing your syntax. Getting new functionallity which requires new syntax forms, yes; but not invalidating previously perfectly good syntax.

--
Tim Slattery
Slattery_T_at_bls.gov