Re: Access frontal interface for Oracle database

From: Gloops <gloops_at_invalid.zailes.org>
Date: Wed, 20 Aug 2008 22:13:53 +0200

Mission endend last night.

I stayed late in the night, but eventually got a form able to modify data.

The (advanced) options of Access do not include a lock of data by default, the form is based on a temporary table in the Access interface, intiated during the load of the menu form, edits are disabled by default, and enabled when clicking on a button, that in the same time modifies the backcolor to inform the user -another button saves the record, puts the backcolor to its initial value, and copies data with an SQL request to the Oracle database.

In a first time the execution of the query was impossible, as I forgot to close a few objects. Strangely the correction of the problem did not produce effects immediately.

If I was at a normal moment of the mission I should now do some tests about locks, with an explicit lock on the record when clicking on the Modify button.

Happy to have obtained something, thank you very much for your help. Received on Wed Aug 20 2008 - 15:13:53 CDT

Original text of this message