Re: Invalid character???

From: Vladimir M. Zakharychev <vladimir.zakharychev_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Aug 2008 02:33:12 -0700 (PDT)

On Aug 19, 8:31 pm, Tim Slattery <Slatter..._at_bls.gov> wrote:
> "Vladimir M. Zakharychev" <vladimir.zakharyc..._at_gmail.com> wrote:
>
> >Shouldn't this be spName = "{ ?= call getReporterData(?) }"; ? At
> >least if you're using JDBC escape syntax... Otherwise it can be spName
> >= "BEGIN ? := getReporterData(?); END;", in this case it'll be Oracle-
> >specific.
>
> I don't think so, I have ample documentation for :=. And I've tried it
> without the colon and gotten the same result.
>
> FWIW, I've tried the Oracle syntax (begin...end) and also gotten an
> error:  expression is of wrong type. I don't understand that one
> either.
>
> --
> Tim Slattery
> Slatter...@bls.govhttp://members.cox.net/slatteryt

JDBC docs suggest otherwise and your syntax does not look correct: assignment to the return variable should precede the CALL keyword, not follow it (" ?= call <procname>", not "call ?= <procname>" as in your example.) Anyway, which statement throws the error? prepareCall() or execute(), or maybe one of the binds? I don't see where you declare sprocStmt either - is it a CallableStatement or an OracleCallableStatement? And what's the function prototype? Is it's argument indeed a VARCHAR2?

You see, my crystal ball is malfunctioning lately, so the more input you give, the more chances there are we will be able to help you pinpoint the source of the problem and fix it.

Regards,

   Vladimir M. Zakharychev
   N-Networks, makers of Dynamic PSP(tm)    http://www.dynamicpsp.com Received on Wed Aug 20 2008 - 04:33:12 CDT

Original text of this message