ODBC : End of loop in FindFirst

From: Gloops <gloops_at_invalid.zailes.org>
Date: Tue, 19 Aug 2008 04:43:41 +0200

Hello everybody,

I should be very interested to know if anybody has already seen such messages.

When I launch a FindFirst on an OraDynaset from Excel, I see a message with "End of Loop" as a title, and in the text : Ins: 1, BS: 0, BV:0 VS:1
and an OK button.

When validating, following messages run :

Ins: 2, BS: 0, BV:0 VS: 2
Ins: 3, BS: 1, BV:0 VS: 0
Ins: 4, BS: 1, BV:0 VS: 1
Ins: 5, BS: 1, BV:0 VS: 2
Ins: 6, BS: 2, BV:0 VS: 0

until 8, then an error -2147417848 (=hexa 80010108) the invoked object has disconnected from its clients.

I do not remember I placed such messages in my code, anyway I did not find "Ins" in my modules, except for the Instr function. So, maybe this is something Oracle coded ?

Does that recall anything to anybody ?

I could obtain that after repairing Ms-Office, before that I only obtained the message telling that "Excel has met a problem and must close, we are sorry about ..."

Then I saw that objects had a tendancy to disconnect, and I could resume the code after reconnecting them in the execution window.

I reported presumed net micro-cuts to the support.

Oracle9i Enterprise Edition Release 9.2.0.1.0 - Production Microsoft Office Excel 2003 (11.8033.8107) SP2 ODBC 3.525.1117.0 Received on Mon Aug 18 2008 - 21:43:41 CDT

Original text of this message