Invalid character???

From: Tim Slattery <Slattery_T_at_bls.gov>
Date: Mon, 18 Aug 2008 16:23:08 -0400

I'm at a total impasse. I have a stored function that returns a SYS_REFCURSOR. It works fine, I can call it in SQL*Plus and see the data that's been extracted. I'm trying to call it from Java:

       String spName;
       try
       {
           getDBConnection();        /* sets "dbConnection */

           spName = "{ call ? := getReporterData(?) }";

           sprocStmt = dbConnection.prepareCall(spName);
           sprocStmt.registerOutParameter(1, OracleTypes.CURSOR);
sprocStmt.setString(2, key);
           sprocStmt.execute();

And I get ORA-00911 Invalid character. What invalid character?

--
Tim Slattery
Slattery_T_at_bls.gov