Re: [Q] Sorting a column

From: Shakespeare <whatsin_at_xs4all.nl>
Date: Wed, 13 Aug 2008 07:55:27 +0200

"DA Morgan" <damorgan_at_psoug.org> schreef in bericht news:1218586746.595453_at_bubbleator.drizzle.com...

> Shakespeare wrote:
>> "DA Morgan" <damorgan_at_psoug.org> schreef in bericht

>>> Not even by coincidence ... it is a technical impossibility.
>>> --
>>> Daniel A. Morgan
>>> Oracle Ace Director & Instructor
>>> University of Washington
>>> damorgan_at_x.washington.edu (replace x with u to respond)
>>> Puget Sound Oracle Users Group
>>> www.psoug.org
>>
>> Just by curiousity (and too lazy to look in the manuals...): does Oracle
>> change ROWID's when a transportable tablespace is moved from one system
>> to an other?
>>
>> Shakespeare
>
> I can't check it right now but it seems to me it would have no choice
> if it found a conflict. Whether it checks or just changes them I can
> not say without looking.
> --
> Daniel A. Morgan
> Oracle Ace Director & Instructor
> University of Washington
> damorgan_at_x.washington.edu (replace x with u to respond)
> Puget Sound Oracle Users Group
> www.psoug.org

So there is still a SLIGHT possibility two tables may have rows with a duplicated rowid (by coincidence) after all?

Shakespeare Received on Wed Aug 13 2008 - 00:55:27 CDT

Original text of this message