Re: Access frontal interface for Oracle database

From: Shakespeare <whatsin_at_xs4all.nl>
Date: Tue, 12 Aug 2008 07:52:39 +0200

"Gloops" <gloops_at_invalid.zailes.org> schreef in bericht news:g7r5ui$41d$1_at_aioe.org...
gym dot scuba dot kennedy at gmail a écrit, le 12/08/2008 05:59 :
> In Oracle you do NOT need temporary tables. In Oracle you can keep the
> data consistent with several users reading the same table. In Oracle they
> each see the table and do not see uncommitted transactions from other
> users.

Well, perhaps you remember, the topic of the thread is "how to cope without temporary tables from Access" ?
Or in case of no answer, "how to update temporary tables".

I answered point 2 by hosting the temporary tables in Access, not in Oracle, as in Oracle the update failed. The drawback is a big Access file, but at least it works.

If you have an idea without temporary tables ...

I think I already saw that part of the solution is to forbid modifications and use a snapshot recordset for the form, as well as avoiding requests to fulfill the lists, but that is not suffisant.

If anybody tested something that works ...

You asked for a corrected syntax. I think I did that in my previous post. Did you try it?

Shakespeare Received on Tue Aug 12 2008 - 00:52:39 CDT

Original text of this message