Re: Convert LONG (not RAW) to BLOB?

From: Spiggy Topes <>
Date: Mon, 11 Aug 2008 10:19:58 -0700 (PDT)

On Aug 7, 4:04 am, Arju <> wrote:
> All in a page.
> Regards,
> Arju,

The first two methods I'm fairly sure don't work for converting a LONG to a BLOB - to a CLOB, no problem, but I have binary data stashed in a LONG, which these methods will not handle. Method 3 appears to rely on to_lob also, so that's out. I suspect method 4, which you say implicitly calls a LONG_TO_LOB function will baulk in the same way. Thanks for the suggestions, but I think the earlier suggestion which transcribes without relying on built-in functions is the only way that will work for me. Received on Mon Aug 11 2008 - 12:19:58 CDT

Original text of this message