Re: modules of a DBMS

From: Mark D Powell <Mark.Powell_at_eds.com>
Date: Thu, 7 Aug 2008 08:01:36 -0700 (PDT)

On Aug 7, 9:47 am, aark..._at_gmail.com wrote:
> Hi,
>
> how correct is the following diagram showing modules of a DBMS ...????http://i529.photobucket.com/albums/dd339/aarklon/5.jpg

The answer depends on your point of view, the purpose of the diagram, and the general level of theory being discussed. I notice the diagram refers to DBMS and not RDBMS so in theory it covers hierarchial, network, and relational database management systems. No one diagram is going to be perfect.

You could choose to show a layer appoach: disk storage level, database software level, program interface, network communication interface, etc ... like Oracle shows in its documentation (I think in the Concepts manual).

IMHO -- Mark D Powell -- Received on Thu Aug 07 2008 - 10:01:36 CDT

Original text of this message