Re: Regular Expressions

From: Malcolm Dew-Jones <>
Date: 6 Aug 2008 14:26:57 -0800
: Hi,

: I've been looking at REGEXP_LIKE to help me come up with a way to
: check the syntax of an email address. Basically I need to make sure
: that is does not contain any of the following characters: !#$%^&*()
: +=<>,?"':;{}[]|\/

actually, lots of odd things are valid in mail addresses, but let's ignore that complexity for now

: And, there is only 1 @ and at least 1 .

: A bit harder than I expected. So, eventually I'll probably get it,
: but I'm looking for the quick way out if anyone else knows what it
: should look like.

: Much thanks!

It is often easier and safer to check for what is valid (or in this case, what you are willing to allow).

Perhaps something like

(perl syntax, not sure if that's valid oracle). Received on Wed Aug 06 2008 - 17:26:57 CDT

Original text of this message