Re: how to get standby cluster node activity time?

From: Mark D Powell <Mark.Powell_at_eds.com>
Date: Wed, 6 Aug 2008 08:51:56 -0700 (PDT)

On Aug 5, 9:31 am, fiedzia <fied..._at_gmail.com> wrote:
> On Aug 5, 3:21 pm, Mark D Powell <Mark.Pow..._at_eds.com> wrote:
>
> > The definition of standby for the reference is where you install non-
> > RAC Oracle one node of a cluster and in the event of machine failure
> > bring Oracle up on another node.  Your shop would be responsible for
> > keeping track of the number of days you ran on the unlicensed
> > machine.
>
> I understand, but there is no shop in my case, i want to obtain
> this number of days directly from the database. How can i get it?
>
> Thanks
>
> --
> Maciej "Fiedzia" Dziardziel

There is always a "shop" since someone/someplace is running the database. In other words to my knowledge Oracle does not track this so it would have to be manually tracked.

Though as I think about it if there is anywhere in the database where Oracle stored the server name along with other data it would in Statspack snapshot data or in the AWR (10g+). I have never looked for it but it I really needed to find something in the database I would look at these two areas though I think it unlikely you can find the answer there since both sets of data is usually only retained for short periods of time.

HTH -- Mark D Powell -- Received on Wed Aug 06 2008 - 10:51:56 CDT

Original text of this message