Re: "Drop Public Synonym" hangs

From: Shakespeare <whatsin_at_xs4all.nl>
Date: Wed, 6 Aug 2008 10:08:36 +0200

<BobsGTalk_at_gmail.com> schreef in bericht news:30a5643e-b5f1-4d4e-877d-c2356b33f1af_at_m44g2000hsc.googlegroups.com...

>> Maybe if you tell us the exact name of our_synonym.
>>
>> IIRC, you can't db-link from 10g to 8i directly (not sure about that
>> though)
>>
>> Shakespeare
>
> 1. You can link (we are using 8.1.7.4 - as correctly suggested by
> Fitz).
> 2. How would my synonym name help you to respond?
> 3. Maybe I am cranky now (late afternoon) - but why did you bother
> responding with no info?

  1. I told you I was not sure, and Fitz corrected it correctly. If you had bothered to state your version in your question, I might have looked it up before answering.
  2. You would be surprised how many people tried to drop a synonym which appeared to be a reserved word or something alike... and put a question on a forum
  3. OK. I'll put you on my ignore list if you like

Shakespeare Received on Wed Aug 06 2008 - 03:08:36 CDT

Original text of this message