Re: index

From: DA Morgan <>
Date: Mon, 28 Jul 2008 12:35:25 -0700
> I read the following in a book
> 1) we can have several non clustered indexes on a table , but we can
> have only one clustered index per table
> 2) index on the primary key can be clustered or non clustered
> now my question is
> 1) by default what sort of indexing is used in oracle ?

Oracle is not a Microsoft product. A SQL Server clustered index is essentially the same construct as an Index Organized table.

Please go to and start with the basic concept and architecture books. If you are working with Oracle you need to have at least a passing familiarity with it.

As it is your statements make no sense so no other response is possible.

PS: What book?

Daniel A. Morgan
Oracle Ace Director & Instructor
Puget Sound Oracle Users Group