Re: NLS_LANG

From: joel garry <joel-garry_at_home.com>
Date: Fri, 25 Jul 2008 11:03:05 -0700 (PDT)

On Jul 24, 11:17 pm, "Įlvaro G. Vicario" <alvaroNOSPAMTHA..._at_demogracia.com> wrote:

> I believe I could connect as WE8ISO8859P15 and let Oracle do the
> conversion but if actual data does not use the charset it's supposed to,
> the conversion will be meaningless. I've done further testing and I'd
> dare say data is MSWIN1252: the only way I can see the euro symbol is
> connecting as WE8ISO8859P1 and then doing a client-side conversion from
> cp1252 to iso-8859-15 with Iconv.
>
> Again, thank you for your hints.

Also see the docs for csscan to scope the problem. Some problems are more easily fixed than others. If it turns out the only problem is the Euro, it could be a relatively simple update or games lying to exp/ imp.

jg

--
@home.com is bogus.
That darn craigslist.  http://ap.google.com/article/ALeqM5g1THE017WECuE2kGK_pKt14pefOgD924512O0