Re: java.sql.SQLException: Data size bigger than max size for this type: 3991

From: uday <uday1067_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 25 Jul 2008 05:43:10 -0700 (PDT)

On Jul 25, 11:49 am, Laurenz Albe <inv..._at_spam.to.invalid> wrote:
> uday <uday1..._at_gmail.com> wrote:
> > i have been using setString() of prepared statement. but it is giving
> > me
> > java.sql.SQLException: Data size bigger than max size for this type:
> > 3991 exception. where as as per my understanding, the size of varchar2
> > is 4000.
>
> > can someone suggest the solution
>
> Well, how is the field defined? What is the value you want to store?
> What is the database character set?
>
> Yours,
> Laurenz Albe

CREATE TABLE ct_tb_crs_ovrvw
(

	nm_prgrm_id  	NUMBER,
	vc_prgrm_ovrvw 	VARCHAR2(4000),
	vc_prgrm_otcm 	VARCHAR2(4000),
	vc_trgt_odnc  	VARCHAR2(4000),
	vc_lang		VARCHAR2(100),
	ch_sft_dlt	char,
	vc_crtd_by 	VARCHAR2(100),
	dt_crtd_dt 	DATE,
	vc_mntn_by 	VARCHAR2(100),
	dt_mntn_dt 	DATE

);
and i m tryying to put the values in vc_prgrm_ovrvw field. db charector set is UTF-8

please suggest some solution.
thanks
uday Received on Fri Jul 25 2008 - 07:43:10 CDT

Original text of this message