Re: nested select problem

From: Mark D Powell <>
Date: Fri, 11 Jul 2008 07:52:58 -0700 (PDT)

On Jul 11, 9:20 am, Brandon <> wrote:
> I have a statement that executes in SQL*Plus but not within Pro*C.
> I'm guessing it has to do with where the nested select is (I know it
> works from the where clause)
> SELECT foo, (SELECT bar from baz where id = 1) FROM table1 WHERE ....
> Pro*C does not like the "SELECT bar".  Can I not place nested selects
> in this part of my statement when compiling with Pro*C?

What full version of Oracle? Of Pro*C and/or client running program?

Is the SQL contained within a PL/SQL block?

Starting with version 9 Oracle SQL and PL/SQL share the same parser so SQL valid in SQLPlus should be valid in PL/SQL. Before version 9 this was not true as PL/SQL had its own parser and some clauses like CASE were not supported in SQL contained within PL/SQL.

HTH -- Mark D Powell -- Received on Fri Jul 11 2008 - 09:52:58 CDT

Original text of this message