Split Query

From: Mtek <mtek_at_mtekusa.com>
Date: Tue, 8 Jul 2008 08:59:39 -0700 (PDT)

Hi,

My requirements have been changed. I want to know if a query can be created that does the following, or am I stuck creating a function in PL/SQL. A string will be available in this format: A:3,B:2,C:5

Basically, I need to query using the left side of the colon as a value, returning the number of records on the right side.

So, in the example above I would get the records matching A, returning 3 of them. Then get records matching B, returning 2 of them.........

I was trying to see if any analytical function is available to do this nasty thing.......

Thank you,

John Received on Tue Jul 08 2008 - 10:59:39 CDT

Original text of this message