Re: How to Export Database into csv files

From: Ed Prochak <edprochak_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 26 Jun 2008 10:27:45 -0700 (PDT)

On Jun 12, 9:54 am, timmg <tmillsgronin..._at_gmail.com> wrote:
> What's the problem, Ed? The table prefix? Querying the MSysObject
> table?
>
> As long as the poster is using a reasonable naming convention he can
[]

> Tim Mills-Groninger

[]

> > > Assuming that your table names start with the prefix "tbl."
>
> > yuck, poohey!
> > Ed

The table name prefix is the problem. Its a form of Hungarian notation and NOT a reasonable naming convention IMHO. Naming a table of employees TBL_EMP is useless because the "TBL_" is redundant information. Funny though, as I write this I realize I disagree with myself when it comes to constraints and indices. Those I tend to name a style like: THIS_IDX or BENEFIT_EMP_FK. Guess I should not have reacted so strongly.

Ed
(as I slink off and slap my own wrist) Received on Thu Jun 26 2008 - 12:27:45 CDT

Original text of this message