Re: Primary Keys and Valid_From / Valid_To

From: Hans Mayr <mayr1972_at_gmx.de>
Date: Tue, 24 Jun 2008 07:34:53 -0700 (PDT)

Hello Thomas,

Thanks for your mail. But you did exactly what I wanted to avoid, you argued about a system for articles, prices and currencies. They are just an example for the datastructure I have and which can not be changed in my context. Just imagine that a certain product is not always available and if it is not available there is no price. Thus, in the example, I need the valid_to and I need to check if there is a valid from, valid to period when I enter something in t_orders. One could solve that differently, too. I know. But given a datastructure like the one I described above, which I have seen in many places, how does one organize that?

Best,

Hans Received on Tue Jun 24 2008 - 09:34:53 CDT

Original text of this message