passing CLOB in Stored Procedure as IN/OUT

From: <>
Date: Mon, 23 Jun 2008 01:22:41 -0700 (PDT)

I am trying to get an answer for 'Is it required to create a temporary lob before doing an in/out operation on a lob being passed as in/out parameter in a stored-procedure?"

I have seen some of the OCI samples, wherein temporary lob is created using OCILobCreateTemporary call and then we use OCILobWrite or OCILobRead call but could not find a reason to do so.

I think it is logical to create a temporary lob for a table having CLOB column rather for stored-procedure.

any suggestions will be helpful

Sachin Received on Mon Jun 23 2008 - 03:22:41 CDT

Original text of this message