Re: Can't Find localhost

From: <fitzjarrell_at_cox.net>
Date: Wed, 18 Jun 2008 08:21:09 -0700 (PDT)

On Jun 18, 1:08 am, Brian Blair <agen..._at_shaw.ca> wrote:
> I have two problems I think are related. When I click go to oracle
> database from the desktop I get can not find page. If I change the ip
> adress to local host then it will open the oracle homepage.
>
> I also have an program that is using oracle as a background program
> when I go to open the program I get database not started. When I go to
> start menu and click start database then I get a dos window that says
> it is already started but the program still gives the same error.
>
> Any ideas as to what is going on would be helpful
>
> runing windows XP home edition and oracle 10g express

First, you're attempting this on XP Home, and as far as I know there isn't an Oracle database product certified for installation on that operating system. Second, you provide very little information as to what you've done, what the URL looks like, etc. You can't expect help when you won't provide sufficient information.

David Fitzjarrell Received on Wed Jun 18 2008 - 10:21:09 CDT

Original text of this message