ORA-00911 error and COMMIT

From: William Maslin <CATmaslin_at_cvm.msstate.edu>
Date: Mon, 16 Jun 2008 11:13:47 -0500

Hi,

I'm been playing with using Filemaker Pro to generate and send sql to an Oracle 10g database. The following works fine:

UPDATE BEVIS_DL_TEST_RESULTS_ENTRY SET BEVIS_DL_TEST_RESULTS_ENTRY.RESULT_VALUE = 'A section of liver is examined microscopically. '

WHERE BEVIS_DL_TEST_RESULTS_ENTRY.RESULT_NAME = 'HISTOPATHOLOGY' AND BEVIS_DL_TEST_RESULTS_ENTRY.ACCESSION_ID = '30257' AND BEVIS_DL_TEST_RESULTS_ENTRY.TEST_CODE = '6005'; But when I add a COMMIT to the end I get an ORA-00911 error.

UPDATE BEVIS_DL_TEST_RESULTS_ENTRY SET BEVIS_DL_TEST_RESULTS_ENTRY.RESULT_VALUE = 'A section of liver is examined microscopically. '

WHERE BEVIS_DL_TEST_RESULTS_ENTRY.RESULT_NAME = 'HISTOPATHOLOGY' AND BEVIS_DL_TEST_RESULTS_ENTRY.ACCESSION_ID = '30257' AND BEVIS_DL_TEST_RESULTS_ENTRY.TEST_CODE = '6005'; COMMIT; These statements are generated in Filemaker "calculation" fields in which text and field values are concatenated to produce statements like those above. Please understand admit that I'm a complete Oracle and SQL novice. The little that I've learned has come from SQL Visual Quickstart Guide and from hacking queries that I've stolen from Crystal Reports.

Thanks! Received on Mon Jun 16 2008 - 11:13:47 CDT

Original text of this message