Re: 11g OEM - dictionary comparison - Selecting another database instance for comparison

From: Luch <DarthLuch_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 12 Jun 2008 00:40:27 -0700 (PDT)

On Jun 11, 6:01 pm, DA Morgan <damor..._at_psoug.org> wrote:
> Luch wrote:
> > Using 11g OEM (viahttps://machine:1158/em/)
>
> > With Oracle 10g OEM, the desktop version, I could use the "Change
> > Manager" program to compare two database instances.
>
> > With the 11g web-version... I'm not seeing how to select either the
> > "left" or "right" database to be a database instance, other than the
> > database that I'm signed into. Is this possible to do?
>
> OEM What? OEM DB CONSOLE or OEM GRID?
> --
> Daniel A. Morgan
> Oracle Ace Director & Instructor
> University of Washington

For Oracle 10g, it is OEM DB Console. I could run this on any machine that has the Oracle 10g client (as long as it had the OEM DB console program installed) and use it to compare any two databases that the 10g client was able to connect to.

For the machine with 11g... It's just a single machine with a single database instance on it... No kind of grid setup. It's just the OEM program that is run when I goto this page on it: https://localhost:1158/em It seems to limit me to only signing into the single database instance that was created on that machine. Whereas with the 10g OEM DB console, I could sign into any database instance that the tnsnames.ora was setup to connect to.

I was also wondering if there's a 11g version of the Oracle 10g OEM DB console java/desktop program, but I can never seem to find it. It seems Oracle 11g only gives this web-based version, which is why I'd like to know how to make it aware of other databases, so I can do a dictionary compare to another DB. Received on Thu Jun 12 2008 - 02:40:27 CDT

Original text of this message